Backpacking Washington: Overnight and Multiday Routes
Author: Craig Romano | Publisher: Mountaineers Books | Price: $18.95
The most comprehensive backpacking guidebook to Washington state!
- Proceeds will support trail maintenance in Washington
- Features weekend and week-long backpacking trips, with info on how to extend most routes
- Guidebook covers the entire state of Washington from the Olympic Coast to the Blue Mountains
Veteran guidebook author Craig Romano hits the trail again——this time to uncover amazing backpacking opportunities all over Washington’s wilderness. Craig hiked over 1,500 miles researching trails for this book. Backpacking Washington details 70 routes, from the wilderness coast of Olympic National Park to the grizzly, wolverine and wolf roaming ridges of the Columbia Highlands and beyond. With an emphasis on weekend trips, routes range from overnight to weeklong treks and often include options for extending trips or choosing camp spots.
• detailed route descriptions and trail maps
• mileage logs with campgrounds, water, and other trail elements
• icons for choosing family- and dog-friendly trips
• recommended nearby day hikes
• info on the state’s three long-distance trails: Pacific Crest Trail, Pacific Northwest Trail, and Wonderland Trail